Alaskan Content Creators! Apply For A Chance To Take Your Career To Hollywood
Are you an Alaska Native content creator living in Alaska? Do you want to further your career in the film, television or digital industry? Here is a chance to make connections in Hollywood.
GCI is collaborating with the Walter Kaitz Foundation to offer a fellowship program to two Alaska Native content creators—from directors to producers to playwrights— as part of an effort to promote Alaska Native culture and content in films, television and online entertainment. Through the month of November, GCI will accept applications for the program which provides exclusive entry to the Walter Kaitz Foundation’s 9th Hollywood Creative Forum in Los Angeles, California, with the goal of helping them establish lifelong industry connections that often help propel professional careers in television, film and digital.
The agenda for the Hollywood Creative Forum includes keynote speakers and discussion panels on diversity, as well as a mentoring luncheon that will match guests with network executives who can help provide guidance on how to attract studios and production companies.
The application can be found here. Applications are DUE by November 30, 2017.
Finalists will be selected based, in part, by their experience, existing body of work, biography, cover letter, artistic statement, creativity, and their ability to articulate how the forum will help them further their career.
The finalists will be notified via email and announced at the Anchorage International Film Festival in early December. The two people selected will be given the opportunity to bring a guest to the Hollywood Creative Forum, which will take place February 13-14, 2018, in Los Angeles.
What finalists can expect:
- A trip to Los Angeles for the Hollywood Creative Forum, including roundtrip airfare and hotel expenses
- Invitations to a private dinner in Los Angeles with a select group of development and programming executives
- A GCI Welcome Package upon arrival in Los Angeles
- Feature on GCI and Walter Kaitz Foundation’s social media platforms
- Feature on Channel 907, the Anchorage International Film Festival and at the Alaska Federation of Natives Convention
- Free admission to the Anchorage International Film Festival
Shareable Link: https://www.sealaska.com/news/item/2017-11-15/alaskan-content-creators-apply-chance-take-your-career-hollywood