Federal Construction Quality Control Manager
Location: Seattle, WA Posted: Friday, November 5, 2021
Overview Apply for this job
This position will provide overall Federal Construction Quality Control coordination of the construction project for all phases through close out of the Sealaska Construction projects. Acts as Quality Control Manager with daily QC activities in the Washington State region and nationwide as needed. The main purpose will be to deliver profitable complex projects on schedule, on budget with complete customer satisfaction, in a safe manner and within quality standards. This is a federal government partnership and requires a US citizenship.
- Inspection and documentation of all materials brought on site
- Verification that materials match approved submittals or specs
- Safety inspections
- Quality control
- Daily QC/Field reports and meetings
- Daily inspections of building materials being installed
- QC Plan Management
- Liaison with USACE QA
- Ensure all work meets plans and specs
- Housekeeping, keep job sites clean and safe
- Responsible for MSDS book, updates, and related paperwork
- Daily coordination/communication with facility people
- Daily compliance of Sealaska Constructors Safety program and policies
- Daily control activities including air readings, barrier walk down, and documentation and correction as needed.
- Daily communications with PM’S and PA’S following up on issues, PO’S, Submittals, etc.
- Weekly quality control, safety and progress meetings
- Responsible for creating and developing submittals.
- Weekly review of submittal register and necessary contacts to subs requesting outstanding submittals. (OFI-Do with PA/PM prior to job start & order together)
- Weekly reporting of all necessary Sealaska Constructors documents- expenses, mileage, etc.
- Confirm subs are updating as builds as required and Sealaska Constructors updates as well
- Monthly reporting to Facility Environmental of all HAZMAT, MSDS, and documentation
- Meeting attendance throughout projects with owners, subs, architects, engineers, SCL
- Carry out execution of QC Plan, etc.;
- Maintain on-going training requirements;
- Address issues as they arise without delay;
- Always look for and identify future opportunities for the company.
- Experience with government/federal codes and standards required
- REQUIRED – Graduate engineer, graduate architect, or a graduate of construction management OR equivalent experience with at least a minimum of 5 years of federal construction experience AND 10 years of related quality management work.
- Exhibits high level ability to interpret plans and specifications;
- Ability to lead the project process with a high degree of construction knowledge;
- Familiarity with LEED requirements;
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification;
- Detail oriented and thorough with good organization skills;
- Exhibits good problem-solving skills and shows logical process to decision making;
- Willing to travel according to site visit needs;
- Multi-task oriented capable of running multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of project stakeholders;
- Physical ability to navigate a construction site;
- Follow all applicable Company programs, procedures and policies
Employment for this position will be subject to all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and the like and may require full vaccination against COVID-19, weekly testing, or other precautionary measures. Based on the Executive Orders issued by President Biden in September 2021, roles working on or in connection with a federal contract, or working at a federal-contractor’s workplace, will require full vaccination against COVID-19; roles which are unrelated to federal contracts will be subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard relating to vaccination in the workplace, which applies to organizations with 100+ employees.
Qualifications that are highly desirable are:
- Maintains composure in a high stress environment;
- Ability to relocate, if needed;
- Undergraduate or higher degree in construction management field
- Experience with Design Build process;
- ARC Standard First Aid/ Adult CPR;
- Professional LEED certification;
- Proficiency with all MS Office products
This position and employment offer is contingent upon the verification of information on background check, availability of work and adherence to applicable company programs, procedures and policies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 40 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions and other elements prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- EOE M/F/D/V/SO