GCP Machine Learning Engineer - Remote
Location: .. Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Overview Apply for this job
Cognitell is seeking a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer proficient in GCP Cloud Services to support our data science and machine learning practice. The ML Engineer will develop machine learning and data science solutions, analytics solutions, and data storage and data pipeline solutions primarily in the GCP cloud stack. This role will be responsible for performing data analysis, developing and validating machine learning models, researching relevant statistical methods, and providing recommendations for operationalizing machine learning models into production.
To succeed in this role, you should be passionate about working with large datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer key business questions. You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with a variety of machine learning models in Python or R as well as advanced SQL query and data mining techniques. The candidate will have strong analytical skills and a passion for using data to drive business decisions. You attack complex business questions with data and curiosity, diving below the surface to identify the root cause. You develop strong working relationships with business partners to define and understand key questions and analyze data to answer those questions – driving strategic business decisions. This is a telecommuting (virtual) role which may be working with federal clients and requires a US citizenship and residency within the US.
- Using critical thinking and the ability to interpret data requests, direct the collection and processing of data, analyze results, report results to users, prepare related planning and analytical documents.
- Develop research questions and approaches to answering them
- Analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data for modeling
- Conduct and evaluate policy scenarios and detailed recommendations using data.
- Design and develop data collection procedures and acquisition of data and analysis for data analysis.
- Assist with data management, organization, extraction, and maintenance.
- Using predictive analytics and data mining to develop data models driving business decisions.
- Develop prescriptive analytics to predict & prescribe recommendations or actions.
- Coordinate with various teams to implement models and monitor outcomes in production environments.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Prepare and present data to various audiences using tables, charts, and narrative reports in a way that stakeholders can easily understand.
- Ensure that documentation is produced/updated & available for project sustainability.
- Assist customers by being able to deliver a data warehousing / data mart project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, and exploring data
- Use GCP data storage such Cloud Storage, , and Postgres to help our customers build data pipelines and storage solutions
- Use GCP data pipelines services such as and Kubernetes Engine to help our customers build data pipelines in support of ML models and data analysis
- Use GCP data analysis services such as and to help customers derive insights from their data
- Use GCP ML services such as and other AI Tools to build and deliver machine learning models
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or data analytics field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a data scientist role using statistical and machine learning methods to solve business problems
- REQUIRED: GCP data services, ML platforms, and frameworks
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Technical expertise including
- Coding knowledge and experience with statistical languages such as Python, R, Matlab, or similar languages
- Experience with SQL and other data querying tools
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, , R Shiny, D3, , etc.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Employment for this position will be subject to all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and the like and may require full vaccination against COVID-19, weekly testing, or other precautionary measures. Based on the Executive Orders issued by President Biden in September 2021, roles working on or in connection with a federal contract, or working at a federal-contractor’s workplace, will require full vaccination against COVID-19; roles which are unrelated to federal contracts will be subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard relating to vaccination in the workplace, which applies to organizations with 100+ employees.
- The ideal candidate with have a Master’s degree or PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with educational data
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately determine cause-and-effect relationships.
- The ideal candidate will have deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organization
- The ideal candidate will track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Environment (Working conditions, physical requirements)
- This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will be 8 hours
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EOE M/F/D/V/SO