Assistant Retail Manager (SHI)
Location: Juneau, AK Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Overview Apply for this job
This position is responsible for assisting the Retail Director in ensuring effective operation of the Sealaska Heritage Store. Duties include leading and supervising staff, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Maintains team leadership and professional standards
- Sets and maintains customer service standards
- Originate display ideas; follow display suggestions; and maintain inventory levels on the sales floor
- Manage store employees to assist customers to provide information, answer questions, obtain merchandise requested, complete payment transactions, and prepare merchandise for delivery via shipping
- Ensures floor staff maintain a safe and clean store environment
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in employer-sponsored trainings and events
- Plans and assigns daily goals, tasks, and assignments to staff; monitors and follows up through completion, updating Retail Director
- Operate store inventory sales platform/program (Shopify/Stocksavvy) and shipping program
- Assists in monitoring sales performance and adjusting strategies
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to utilize and adapt to new systems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact with customers and promote sales of merchandise
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of Northwest Coast cultures preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to be in regular contact via cellular phone/online timekeeping system
The position will act as a supervisor to year-round and seasonal staff. The position will serve as acting Retail Manager in absence of Retail Director.
This position’s duties are performed at the Walter Soboleff Building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position is exempt from overtime requirements. The minimum workweek during winter hours is 37.5 hours. During tour season, these hours are expanded each week in accordance to tourism activities. This is a full-time benefited position.
None to minimal.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree; equivalent work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis
- Two to four years of progressive customer service experience
- Experience as a lead or equivalent
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.