Summer 2022 Finance Intern
Location: Juneau, AK Posted: Friday, November 5, 2021
Overview Apply for this job
As the Finance Intern, you will analyze market trends and make recommendations to help guide Sealaska’s investment decisions. Apply your economics and financial course work as you collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer to understand, review, and report on investment market updates. Throughout the summer, your work will focus on the benefits and responsibilities of incorporating Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) considerations into investment analysis. Craft internal investment policy documents that work toward de-carbonization, financial equity, and transparency. By the end of the summer, your work will support investment recommendations for management to present the Board of Directors.
This internship can be based in the Sealaska corporate office in Juneau, AK, or has the option of taking place via telecommute or remote location.
- Provide financial analysis of Alaska Native Corporations
- Improve your ability to read, digest, and report on current events and market trends
- Interpret quarterly market updates from Sealaska’s investment managers
- Review daily investment markets
- Prepare investment performance analysis
- Recommend ideas for investment presentations
- Report on current events and market trends
- Craft internal investment documents
- Interest in corporate finance or investment management
- Sealaska shareholder, descendant of a shareholder, or spouse of a shareholder
- At least 18 years of age by start date
- Must be currently enrolled in college or a vocational-technical school or a recent graduate (1-2 years) and have completed one year of school by the start date
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Major/Minor in Finance, Economics, Business, or Mathematics
- Finance or Economics classes with satisfactory results
- At least a 2.5 GPA
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Provide recent transcript (unofficial)
- Submit resume with online application
- You may be asked to provide proof of your status as a Sealaska shareholder, shareholder descendant, or shareholder spouse
- You must successfully complete a background check prior to onboarding at Sealaska
- Employment for this position will be subject to all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and the like and may require full vaccination against COVID-19, weekly testing, or other precautionary measures. Based on the Executive Orders issued by President Biden in September 2021, roles working on or in connection with a federal contract, or working at a federal-contractor’s workplace, will require full vaccination against COVID-19; roles which are unrelated to federal contracts will be subject to OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard relating to vaccination in the workplace, which applies to organizations with 100+ employees.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit for extended periods of time; walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 20-50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily work in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Applicants must be a current Sealaska shareholder or a Sealaska shareholder descendent.