Innovation Through Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian Ways of Life
Each year professionals gather in Juneau, Alaska for the yearly Innovation Summit that is designed to inspire new perspectives. Sealaska President and CEO Anthony Mallott was invited to present on this year’s theme, Driving Innovation through Diversity.
Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people have lived on the land and waters of Southeast Alaska for thousands of years. Respect for the environment and shared cultural values are just two social systems that perpetuated Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people, culture and a way of life. As a result, the people and culture are active, visible and present today.
Mallott presented how Sealaska is utilizing and embracing cultural values and how Sealaska translates those values. He also dialogued on questions “What did our ancestors achieve by following a strong value system? What positive attributes were fostered for Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people? What is gained following a value system? How did values foster behaviors that lead to innovation?”
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FROM CEO PRESENTATION
- Sealaska and Four Core Cultural Values (click here)
- How Did Our Culture Foster and Drive Innovation? (click here)
- Speaking to the 2018 Innovation Summit Theme Driving Innovation through Diversity (click here)
- How Culture is Innovative (click here)
- How Sealaska Embraces Cultural Values to Drive Success (click here)
- Financial Strength Allows Sealaska to Realize Purpose (click here)