Congratulations, High School Graduates!
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
High school graduations are taking place this month, with many students receiving their hard-earned diplomas. High school can be hard to navigate, and learning during a global pandemic has been a new challenge for our young students. The class of 2021 has shown what true perseverance is.
“This past year has seen tremendous educational disruption and required great dedication and effort from students,” acknowledged Sealaska President & CEO Anthony Mallott. “We all share pride in your accomplishments, your resiliency and your commitment to your education. We look forward to seeing this next chapter of your lives and all you accomplish in the future.”
Recent graduates – or any shareholder or descendant interested in going to college or obtaining vocational training on a full or part-time basis – can apply for a Sealaska scholarship.
About Sealaska’s scholarship program:
- Deadline to apply is March 1
- Recipients are notified May 1
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible for scholarships.
- Scholarships are available to Sealaska shareholders and descendants enrolled in vocational-technical programs, and as undergraduates or graduate-level students at accredited institutions. Scholarships are funded by Sealaska and administered by Sealaska Heritage Institute.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate studies, and 3.0 for graduate school.
For full program information and eligibility requirements, please visit https://mysealaska.com/Services/Scholarship.
Gunalchéesh, Háw’aa, T’oyaxsut ‘nüüsm for all your hard work, graduates!