Our Way of Life – PHOTO CONTEST
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
“Our way of life!” Visual storytelling is at the heart of Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people. We want to continue to tell the story from the eyes of your experience and journey.
Sealaska wants to see what the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian way of life looks like through YOUR lens, and we invite you to participate in the “Our Way of Life” photo contest! This is an opportunity for Sealaska to not only engage with you directly, but also gain perspective on how our audience views our Native way of life. Creativity and freedom of interpretation is welcome and encouraged! The photo with the most likes on our Facebook page WINS!
Participants will also have a chance to win the following prizes:
- Eight weekly winners will receive a $50 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $50 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
- One GRAND prize winner will receive $300, a $100 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
- Two Judge’s Choice winners will receive a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
Head over to our Facebook page to enter! The contest runs from July 8, 2020, at 12 a.m. AKDT to August 4, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
See specific rules and regulations below:
- Participants must be 18+ to enter.
- Make sure your photo settings on social media are set to public.
- LIKE and FOLLOW Sealaska Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
- Post photos directly to our Facebook page OR post photos on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #SealaskaWayofLife.
- Post or tag Sealaska in your photo showcasing your representation of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian way of life. Sealaska is invested in the health and prosperity of our region, including the ocean, land and communities that surrounds us. Creativity in the representation of the “Our way of life” theme is encouraged.
- There are no limits to how many photos you post per day, but each entry must be a unique, original photo. Reposting the same photo will not count as multiple entries. If duplicate photos post on the same day, only one submission will be entered.
- The photo contest submission period will begin July 8, 2020, at 12 a.m. AKDT and will end August 4, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
- We will publish the photos on our Facebook page by week submitted, with weekly voting conducted via our page. The two photos with the most likes at the end of the 48-hour voting period are the weekly winners. Each weekly voting period starts at 12 a.m. AKDT on Wednesday and ends at 11:59 p.m. AKDT on Thursday. Weekly winners will be announced on Fridays on the dates shown below. The voting periods are as follows:
- Week 1: Submit photos July 8–14, 2020; winners announced July 17, 2020.
- Week 2: Submit photos July 15–21, 2020; winners announced July 24, 2020.
- Week 3: Submit photos July 22–28, 2020; winners announced July 31, 2020.
- Week 4: Submit photos July 29–August 4, 2020; winners announced August 7, 2020.
- Week 5: Vote on weekly finalist photos during the voting period August 10–13, 2020; GRAND PRIZE winner announced August 14, 2020.
- Weekly winners (8) will win a $50 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $50 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card. Weekly winners can only win once.
- At the end of the week four, each of the eight weekly winners will be reposted via our Facebook page. The photo with the most likes by 11:59 p.m. AKDT on Thursday, August 13, 2020, is the grand prize winner.
- The grand prize winner will win $300, a $100 Barnacle Foods gift card, a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card, and will have their work featured in Sealaska campaigns.
- In addition to the grand prize winner, there will also be two judge’s choice winners, which will be at the discretion of Sealaska Corporation to determine. These winners will win a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card.
- Photos must be original and photographer must release universal and unlimited usage rights of the photo to Sealaska Corporation. Final photos must be at least 2MB in size. Photographer must also submit high-resolution images to email@example.com by August 17, 2020, at 5 p.m. AKDT.
- Participants in the photo contest are encouraged to share their photo submission on their own personal social sites.
The Fine Print:
No purchase necessary. No automated entries. Enter as many unique photos as you like throughout the contest. This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, possess a valid ID proving age (winners must sign affidavit of age eligibility before receiving prizes), and personal email address attached to a valid Facebook or Instagram account. To receive the prize(s), the potential winner must reside in one of the fifty (50) United States. The winner may make no substitution or transfer of the prize(s). The prize(s) may not be redeemed for cash or anything else of value. Noncompliance with any of the Official Rules and Regulations will result in disqualification. Sealaska is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sealaska shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner. Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sealaska or other people, products or companies, or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sealaska wishes to associate. Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group.
Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sealaska, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein, or on any of Sealaska’s social media assets or websites, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sealaska from any claims to the contrary. Sealaska Corporation reserves the right to modify these Official Rules and Regulations at any time and without notice. Any modification to these Official Rules and Regulations will take effect immediately upon posting in the news area of our website. Sealaska employees, directors and their immediate families are ineligible. Void where prohibited by state or local regulations. Prizes will be distributed within one calendar year of August 14, 2020, or will be considered void. All winners must provide a completed IRS form W-9 before receiving cash awards. This contest is not affiliated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Every two years, Sealaska conducts a shareholder survey to identify your priorities. Those priorities are the road map to our public policy work and help guide the shareholder benefits we are grateful to be able to provide through the success of our businesses. In 2021, Sealaska’s board and executive leadership launched what will be a …
As we welcome 2022, we at Sealaska have much to be grateful for. We end the year safe and successful, despite facing continued challenges and disruptions from the COVID-19 pandemic. Sealaska continues to prioritize the health of our employees and deeply appreciates their tireless efforts to maintain COVID precautions while working to achieve business growth and enhance shareholder benefits. We also give thanks to our …
Sealaska is saddened to learn that Gilbert “Gil” Gunderson passed away, Dec. 22. Sealaska sends its heartfelt condolences to the Gunderson family and all those who so dearly loved Gil, for their loss. Gil served as a director on Sealaska’s board from 1972 to 1987. He was a known throughout Southeast Alaska as a commercial …
Gunalchéesh, Háw’aa, T’oya̱xsut ‘nüüsm for joining us today! This year, Sealaska had two opportunities for shareholders to win cash prizes: All shareholders who attended the virtual event via MySealaska.com were automatically entered to win $15,000 in cash prizes. All voting shareholders whether in attendance at the virtual event or not were eligible for $20,000 in …
As Police Chief, Ed Mercer is the highest-ranking member of the Juneau Police Department. He has served as Juneau Police Chief since 2017. On December 14, 2021, Chief Mercer was presented the 2021 AFN President’s Award for Public Service. The award recognizes an Alaska Native who demonstrates dedication, competence, and sensitivity in public service. “Sealaska is proud of Chief Mercer’s dedication to community and …