Our Way of Life – PHOTO CONTEST
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
“Our way of life!” Visual storytelling is at the heart of Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people. We want to continue to tell the story from the eyes of your experience and journey.
Sealaska wants to see what the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian way of life looks like through YOUR lens, and we invite you to participate in the “Our Way of Life” photo contest! This is an opportunity for Sealaska to not only engage with you directly, but also gain perspective on how our audience views our Native way of life. Creativity and freedom of interpretation is welcome and encouraged! The photo with the most likes on our Facebook page WINS!
Participants will also have a chance to win the following prizes:
- Eight weekly winners will receive a $50 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $50 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
- One GRAND prize winner will receive $300, a $100 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
- Two Judge’s Choice winners will receive a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card
Head over to our Facebook page to enter! The contest runs from July 8, 2020, at 12 a.m. AKDT to August 4, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
See specific rules and regulations below:
- Participants must be 18+ to enter.
- Make sure your photo settings on social media are set to public.
- LIKE and FOLLOW Sealaska Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
- Post photos directly to our Facebook page OR post photos on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #SealaskaWayofLife.
- Post or tag Sealaska in your photo showcasing your representation of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian way of life. Sealaska is invested in the health and prosperity of our region, including the ocean, land and communities that surrounds us. Creativity in the representation of the “Our way of life” theme is encouraged.
- There are no limits to how many photos you post per day, but each entry must be a unique, original photo. Reposting the same photo will not count as multiple entries. If duplicate photos post on the same day, only one submission will be entered.
- The photo contest submission period will begin July 8, 2020, at 12 a.m. AKDT and will end August 4, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. AKDT.
- We will publish the photos on our Facebook page by week submitted, with weekly voting conducted via our page. The two photos with the most likes at the end of the 48-hour voting period are the weekly winners. Each weekly voting period starts at 12 a.m. AKDT on Wednesday and ends at 11:59 p.m. AKDT on Thursday. Weekly winners will be announced on Fridays on the dates shown below. The voting periods are as follows:
- Week 1: Submit photos July 8–14, 2020; winners announced July 17, 2020.
- Week 2: Submit photos July 15–21, 2020; winners announced July 24, 2020.
- Week 3: Submit photos July 22–28, 2020; winners announced July 31, 2020.
- Week 4: Submit photos July 29–August 4, 2020; winners announced August 7, 2020.
- Week 5: Vote on weekly finalist photos during the voting period August 10–13, 2020; GRAND PRIZE winner announced August 14, 2020.
- Weekly winners (8) will win a $50 Barnacle Foods gift card and a $50 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card. Weekly winners can only win once.
- At the end of the week four, each of the eight weekly winners will be reposted via our Facebook page. The photo with the most likes by 11:59 p.m. AKDT on Thursday, August 13, 2020, is the grand prize winner.
- The grand prize winner will win $300, a $100 Barnacle Foods gift card, a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card, and will have their work featured in Sealaska campaigns.
- In addition to the grand prize winner, there will also be two judge’s choice winners, which will be at the discretion of Sealaska Corporation to determine. These winners will win a $100 Sealaska Heritage Institute gift card.
- Photos must be original and photographer must release universal and unlimited usage rights of the photo to Sealaska Corporation. Final photos must be at least 2MB in size. Photographer must also submit high-resolution images to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17, 2020, at 5 p.m. AKDT.
- Participants in the photo contest are encouraged to share their photo submission on their own personal social sites.
The Fine Print:
No purchase necessary. No automated entries. Enter as many unique photos as you like throughout the contest. This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, possess a valid ID proving age (winners must sign affidavit of age eligibility before receiving prizes), and personal email address attached to a valid Facebook or Instagram account. To receive the prize(s), the potential winner must reside in one of the fifty (50) United States. The winner may make no substitution or transfer of the prize(s). The prize(s) may not be redeemed for cash or anything else of value. Noncompliance with any of the Official Rules and Regulations will result in disqualification. Sealaska is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sealaska shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner. Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sealaska or other people, products or companies, or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sealaska wishes to associate. Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group.
Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sealaska, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein, or on any of Sealaska’s social media assets or websites, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sealaska from any claims to the contrary. Sealaska Corporation reserves the right to modify these Official Rules and Regulations at any time and without notice. Any modification to these Official Rules and Regulations will take effect immediately upon posting in the news area of our website. Sealaska employees, directors and their immediate families are ineligible. Void where prohibited by state or local regulations. Prizes will be distributed within one calendar year of August 14, 2020, or will be considered void. All winners must provide a completed IRS form W-9 before receiving cash awards. This contest is not affiliated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Irish company will expand global geosciences capabilities Roto-sonic drilling at Scapa Flow, Orkney – January 2022 June 28, 2022 (Seattle, WA)—Sealaska and Causeway Geotech Limited, one of the leading independent ground-investigation contractors in Ireland and the United Kingdom, today announced Causeway is becoming part of Sealaska’s ocean-health business platform. Run through a Seattle-based company called …
The Causeway team mobilizes out of Stornoway Harbour in November 2018, with jack-up barge OCM 80 to commence drilling operations at Smooth Point. A deep appreciation for the outdoors, for people and for problem-solving united Darren O’Mahony, Paul Dunlop and Ciaran Doherty when they were colleagues at Glover Site Investigations in Northern Ireland. So when …
Sealaska shareholders gave strong support to a resolution that will extend eligibility for Class D (Descendant) stock in Sealaska to lineal descendants of original shareholders without respect to their documented Alaska Native blood quantum. Sealaska joins Calista and Arctic Slope Regional Corporation in rejecting the practice of quantifying degree of Indian blood in order to …
Q: What did the blood quantum resolution do? A: When it was approved by shareholders, the resolution on this year’s proxy eliminated the requirement for applicants for Class D (Descendant) stock to prove they have at least one-quarter Alaska Native blood quantum. Q: Who is eligible for Class D stock? A: Lineal descendants of …
New Language Award Honors Founding Director Clarence Jackson, Sr. The inaugural Clarence Jackson Sr. Language Awards were presented at the 2022 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The award recognizes individuals for the tremendous impact on Lingít, Xaad Kíl and Sm’álgyax language revitalization. The first awards recognized Elder/birth speakers. The new Sealaska language awards are named after Galtín …