U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Presents Sealaska a Flag Flown “in the face of the enemy”
Sealaska shareholder and Staff Sergeant Bryant Bearfield has been serving in the U.S. Army for 13 years. Bearfield presented Sealaska with a U.S. flag flown at an American base for one day. Bearfield says he was inspired after watching veterans being honored on Sealaska’s social media channel.
The U.S. flag was flown on June 15–16, 2019, in the face of the enemy at Contingency Location Dwyer, Afghanistan, an American military base. As the flag flew, it symbolized the sovereign power of the USA and the steadfast resolve to keep our country safe.
Staff Sergeant Bearfield is Tlingit, Eagle, Wolf. We are honored to receive this flag and sincerely thank Staff Sgt. Bearfield for his service.
Bryant Bearfield’s Military Career
- August 2006 | Bryant Bearfield joined the U.S. Army
- One Station Unit Training (OSUT), military occupational specialty (MOS) with Infantryman (11B) at Fort Benning, Georgia; training completed December 2006
- December 2006 | Stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, with 502nd Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
- January 2007 | Deployed to Iraq for 14 months to support Operation Iraqi Freedom
- 2008 | Permanently stationed at Fort Irwin, California, and was opposing force with E Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment for 20 months
- 2011–2012 | Ordered to Fort Wainwright, Alaska, where he was attached to Troop A, 5th Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division for his first deployment to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF)
- 2012 | Stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, with Company B, 2-502nd Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
- 2014 | Deployed to support Operation Enduring Freedom
- 2018–2019 | Stationed at Fort Drum, New York, Company A, 2-87 Infantry Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) and deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
The post U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Presents Sealaska a Flag Flown “in the face of the enemy” appeared first on Sealaska.