Sealaska Seeks Qualified Shareholder to Run for Board Election
*PLEASE NOTE THIS APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED (deadline was February 15, 2019)
Sealaska is looking for qualified shareholders to run as board-endorsed nominees for the 2019 board election. There will be four positions up for election during the 2019 Annual Shareholder meeting. The board-endorsed candidates will most likely include a mix of incumbents and non-incumbents. The Board of Directors will make a final determination at the end of March.
Interested shareholders must submit a statement of interest and resume to the Corporate Secretary by Thursday, February 14, 2019 by 5pm AKST.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by mailing to Sealaska, ATTN Corporate Secretary, One Sealaska Plaza, Suite 400, Juneau, AK 99801
- Deliver in person to Corporate Secretary, One Sealaska Plaza, Suite 400, Juneau, AK 99801
Sealaska is experiencing unprecedented financial success because of disciplined teamwork. This nominations process is a part of that discipline and commitment to more intentional shareholder engagement and continuous improvement.
CRITERIA (in no particular order)
- Leadership skills, ability and potential
- Business experience
- Financial acumen
- Commitment to ownership of Native lands in perpetuity
- Commitment to Sealaska’s strategic vision
- Sufficient time to devote to board responsibilities
- Understanding of village economies, lifestyles, cultures
- Constructive connections in the community
- No conflicts of interest
- Character and integrity
Shareholders who prefer to run as an independent candidate will need to complete and submit a Sealaska nominees’ packet. The packet will be available Thursday, February 7, 2019, on Sealaska.com.
The post Sealaska Seeks Qualified Shareholder to Run for Board Election appeared first on Sealaska.