Forms & Procedures
Life Estate Enrollment
Please read the following carefully:
Sealaska has three classes of Life Estate Stock. This is stock that ceases to exist when the shareholder passes away. It cannot be gifted or inherited.
Class D – Descendant Stock
Class E – Elders Stock
Class L – Leftouts Stock
Sealaska will notify shareholders who are eligible for Class E Elders Stock. These are original Sealaska shareholders who have reached the age of 65.
To apply for Class D or Class L Sealaska stock you must:
- Be eligible (see below)
- Complete the online application
Be sure to upload all supporting documents, including your
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) must be issued from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) - we do not accept tribal enrollment cards/letters
- Original birth certificate
- Current state ID
For more information about these documents, please visit our Certificates page.
Individuals are eligible for Class D stock (also known as descendant stock) if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Were born after December 18, 1971
- Are 18 years of age or older
Are lineal descendants of an original Sealaska shareholder
(meaning a direct descendant such as a child or grandchild, etc.)
- Are 1/4 degree or more Alaska Native (including Tsimshian Indians not enrolled in the Metlakatla Indian Community), Eskimo or Aleut blood, or combination thereof
- Are United States citizens
- Are not shareholders of another ANCSA Regional Corporation (except by gifting or inheritance)
Individuals are eligible for Class L stock (also known as Leftouts stock) if they meet the following requirements:
- Were born on or before December 18, 1971, and are still living
- Were eligible to enroll in Sealaska Corporation in 1971 (pursuant to ANCSA) but were not so enrolled
- Are “Native” as defined by ANCSA
- Are not currently enrolled in Sealaska Corporation, or any other ANCSA Regional Corporation (except by gifting or inheritance), or the Metlakatla Indian Community
If you have any questions regarding enrollment or the life estate stock application, please visit our FAQs page. Or you can call toll-free at 800.848.5921 ext. 298 and a Sealaska representative will assist you.
APPLY FOR LIFE ESTATE STOCK
To apply, login to MySealaska first